Current Dependencies to compile

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Which version of the current Silverlight tools does this project require?  I installed "Silverlight 5 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 SP1" and I'm still getting an error compiling "The type or namespace name 'RichTextBoxOverflow' could not be found".  I thought this would be part of the SL5 tools since the SL5 Beta Tools were originally mentioned.

Also, this project appears to be abandoned.  Is there something similar going on in another project?  I'd love to see a similar sample that was just a WPF application since I have a similar problem to solve that's not silverlight.

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I think some of the namespaces might have changed.  The correct namespace for that control should be "System.Windows.Controls".  

Yes, this project is currently abandoned, which does sadden me a bit.  I might look into how to do the same thing using ASP.NET Web API for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, but I don't think I will specifically target WPF.  It should not be too hard to take the demo here and convert it to work in WPF, and if I was to use this in a production system, I would be sure to make it into its own library first.  

Jason R. Shaver

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I finally figured this out.  Between the SL5 beta and RTM they renamed the RichTextBoxOverflow control to RichTextBlockOverflow and associated it with RichTextBlock rather than RichTextBox.  They also eliminated some of the associated properties.  For anyone else that runs into this issue make these changes to HelpControl.xaml:

Change line 112 from:

<RichTextBox IsReadOnly="True" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled"

to:

<RichTextBlock

And the corresponding closing tag on line 151 from </RichTextBox> to </RichTextBlock>

Finally change the 4 references from RichTextBoxOverflow to RichTextBlockOverflow on lines 152, 154, 154, and 156.  Also remove the VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" as this property was removed.

-HuppertL

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Thanks for figuring this out! =)