Message Archiving

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Hi 

We are busy implementing a tablet solution based on the patterns presented here and I'm interested in the message archiving functionality being presented.  I'm not quite sure I understand the reason for wanting to archive a message.  It doesn't seem to be relevant to the durability of the message and from how it is being used in the current solution, it happens as soon as the message is deemed done (i.e. aborted, processed or redundant).  Can you perhaps elaborate a bit more about the rational for the message archiving.   

Thx

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM

The only reason to archive the messages was to create the message history dialog in the demo so we could show the ability to view messages pending, in-flight, and completed.  The 'Archive' method was to allow us to just store all the messages in a list in the EntityManager._messages without leaking crazy memory =)  

You can safely remove it and the concept behind it if you manage the contents of _message with a bit more intelligence than what we had in the demo.

Jason R. Shaver

P.S. I keep meaning to update this demo with a occasionally connected framework that takes out all of the 'demo' fodder.

Aug 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Thx Jason for clarifying this.